Thursday, October 12, 2006


ECCO has been on hiatus for a little bit here. I am starting to get back on track. I am currently devouring the oeuvre of Bruce Sterling...I am reading Tomorrow Now (Random House, 2002) at the moment. I am really into all this futurist/futurology stuff right now; it all seems so...so relevant. Funny where life pushes us sometimes. I grew up on computers and information technology and worshipped them on kind of a pedestal; but now the internet and technology are becoming increasingly, well, mundane. *Sigh*. Everything concerning information tech is becoming commodified and advertised and losing some of its sacredness. It only seems like the pattern will continue on with nanotech, genetic engineering, and even intellectual property of any sort. Well, I still have a lot of reading and soaking up to do on the current state of things (I've been slacking, I must admit).


No comments: